Wrapped Around Your Finger: A Story of Submission

Wrapped Around Your Finger: A Story of Submission - Alison Tyler this is book #3 in the series. This is Alison’s almost memoir. “As much as I am able to tell.” The man she loves, the lengths she goes to for him, the things he teaches her about herself. In the first two books, the story didn’t follow day by day. In fact, in Dark Secret Love (the first book in the series), Alison skips through time catching us up to where the character Samantha (a version of Alison) first meets Jack. She gives us the back-story and then she shows us the ropes of her introduction to BDSM 24/7. In book two, The Delicious Torment, we meet Alex who is Jack’s assistant. Alex is also Jack’s sub and Jack uses Alex to further expand Samantha’s limits. I loved the first two books, this book is my favorite, though.

In this story, Jack has a special surprise for Samantha. He lavishes her with a special treat, but she has to wait. Since waiting is not really her style, she gets anxious and in doing so she gets 7 days of spankings. These 7 days are the heart and soul of this tale. The things that Jack plans out and does to Samantha during these 7 days give us a glimpse into what it really means to be Jack’s sub. I don’t want to give it all away. This book was such a delight to read. In Wrapped Around Your Finger we get a daily account of what Samantha’s life is like with Jack. The ways that he engages and tops her are simply…, well not simple. I don’t have the adequate vocabulary to put into words what I feel for this story. It was perfect, and horrifying. It was sexy and a bit of a mind fuck.

Alison invites us to interpret her devotion for Jack, and their devotion for each other. This book (this series really) should be called a great romance. Yes, it was really sexy. I loved the way Alison writes about the pain, the humiliation, the lust, but she also works in her uncertainty. This is for real. This is not for faint hearted players or someone that wants to read a flippant summer romance. This is a couple (threesome really) that expounds on what it means to go all out for someone. Stepping out of her comfort zone repeatedly for growth, Jack opens up Samantha’s world and with that her trust is multiplied. We can see how Jack is Dom always, and also a great teacher.

Each book in this series could be read as a stand-alone. There are no annoying cliffhangers or questions left unanswered, there is just more of Samantha’s journey. I am so excited to hear that there are more from this series. It is not a trilogy as I was first lead to believe, there are a few more books coming. I am anxiously awaiting the next one. Only because I am so greedy for this story. Since this story is so real, I know it will appeal to lovers of BDSM old and new. This is just a great example of how it can really work, and is the only way to nirvana for some. Get this and get a clear view of Dominance and submission.