Good Pussy Bad Pussy: Rachel's Tale

Good Pussy Bad Pussy: Rachel's Tale - A. Aimee I was so torn on this book. Good Pussy Bad Pussy started off kinda weird. This chic Rachel leaves her husband and son to run off with some hot guy she just met. Is she desperate? Maybe. It was so easy to hate her. I can’t identify with this chic. I couldn’t stop thinking about this girl Rachel. Why did she do that? I had to pick the book back up and see where the author lead me. As it turns out, Rachel doesn’t really know either. She is just another dysfunctional soul trying to figure out how to get happy. I wanted to just say, I don’t like this girl. But then something happened in the story and I felt bad for her. I even found myself rooting for her to have a happy ever after. Although, throughout most of the story it didn’t seem possible.

Rachel is a female lead with a promiscuous nature. She is what my grandparents would call a damaged girl. She is not good in the sense that is popular. She is trying to be something, trying to have an adventurous life. She wants to live with no regrets, but of course there are consequences to her behavior. She is tortured, raped, and abused. She has some real problems. She finds ways to cope. I agreed she should have left her husband. It wasn’t the right way, but when you have a small child no way is right. Her parenting is not her number one objective. How refreshing it is to see a story that doesn’t focus entirely on child rearing. This chic is trying to have a life, but she is doing it wrong. Good thing for karma. She is so careless she gets what she deserves and the story shifts. Some people are not that good at making the right choices. Rachel is a perfect example of how you can completely be wrong and still end up doing the right thing.

Because this book disturbed me. I want to give it only 3 stars. The sex in this book was hot, but knowing she left her little boy to get it made me feel guilty. Rachel’s relationship with her mother actually saved her from being completely despised by me. Because of that, and other redeeming qualities, I have to give this 4 stars. The title drew me in but the sincerity of the character of Rachel made this a book that I won’t soon forget.