Carrie's Story: An Erotic S/M Novel (Carrie’s Story #1)

Carrie's Story: An Erotic S/M Novel (Carrie’s Story #1) - Molly Weatherfield I am a big fan of BDSM. The players, the clothes, the scenes …makes my mind wander. I am intrigued by the lives of people that deal absolutely in pain and pleasure. I have read loads of BDSM, even before I knew what the letters stand for. I knew about Carrie before I read this book. I have read the reviews and I had an idea. Like flocks of others, I even read Fifty Shades. It made me think I knew what the book Carrie’s Story would be like. I didn't. This book is different, it is the original tale of a woman who decides to become a slave.

Carrie’s Story is brilliantly written. The character of Carrie is strong and willing. She submits beautifully to a world I hope really exists.

Things about this story seem fake, too good to be true, too harsh to be tolerated. This is fiction though. As fiction goes Carrie might be the heroine I have always wanted. She is cool. The author portrays Carrie as a young brave woman discovering her sexuality and exploiting her submissiveness. I adore her. I want to be that cool. The book is written in first person. We see inside Carrie’s mind as she submits.

Carrie meets Jonathan at a party. Jonathan invites Carrie to be his slave and opens her up to a world she never knew existed. The relationship progresses and Carrie’s training takes a new twist as Jonathan begins to train her for the next step in submission. She goes into pony training for a spell. Although I didn't think I would enjoy it, I found I had to follow Carrie there. Carrie’s Story delivers on the secret world of pony-training and makes it seem not only believable, but also quite bearable. Carrie’s journey doesn't end there. I don’t want to spoil it for you, but Carrie’s journey takes us for an unforgettable ride into slavery as I never imagined it.

There is an interesting thing about Carrie’s Story that is very different then other BDSM I have read. Carrie submits without regard to who or what she is submitting. She is a slave entire. There is not selfish gain in her slavery. The “relationship” she has with Jonathan is not the focus of her submission. She submits for her own growth. There seems to be no end to what she endures and no need for her to be validated from him alone. I find this sort of submission so alluring and frightening at the same time. This sort of submission is dangerous, in reality, but very entertaining.

Carrie’s Story is a bit explicit in its sexual detail but it doesn't not read like smut. I found this book sexy and smart. It gave my erotic reading a smart story line and a character I could admire. Carrie’s Story is written by Molly Weatherfield (the alter ego of an award winning romance writer). The author brilliantly allows us to peer into Carrie’s thoughts to see her way of thinking. I highly recommend this book as well as the sequel Safe Word.