Slave Girls: Erotic Stories of Submission

Slave Girls: Erotic Stories of Submission - D.L. King, Rose  Caraway, Alison Tyler, Sommer Marsden, Erzabet Bishop I am found it really hard to get into this book. I struggled with the story lines, the characters, and the settings. I am a submissive so this book should appeal to me. I should easily relate to the heroines. The pace of this book just bothered me. It took me forever to read this. Once I got past the halfway point it flowed much better. It just wasn’t what I was thinking. This book was more about pain and humiliation than hot sex. If that is your kink, then this book might be just what you are looking for.

I started at the beginning. There are a few bright spots. Cubed by Alison Tyler is pretty good. The next story is alright, then I got to Press My Buttons by Nina Fairweather and it just fell apart for me. I didn’t like this story. I hate to shred on an author but this story was so unbelievable. Maybe it was the speed of moment from meeting to bondage, or maybe it was that the Dom was not quite my style. In any arena of submission we have to be careful not to make our heroine a stupid girl who just wants to be tied down. We also have to keep safety in mind. Reading about how you keep the heroine from becoming a victim is quite boring though. The girl in this short story uses a “safe call” like everyone knows what that is. I didn’t. Since this is a fantasy, that little interference with reality turned me off.

What’s Not to Like by D.L.King was a good little story. The ease of conversation in this tale is noteworthy. I would have loved for the author to explain what our subject was doing as she laid this confession out. She ends it so well, no room for questions or discussion. The ending is just right.

There were a few tales that made me uncomfortable, in a good way. I liked Passing the Final by Donna George Storey. The words in this story flow well going from what is happening to what the submissive is going through. “You look lovely. Now go into the bedroom, take off your dress and put the robe on the bed. Then lie down and wait for me.” His tone was neutral as a beige ceiling, but her pulse leaped. This is how their games always began.

Some of these stories weren’t a turn on for me at all. They were not about the hot sex. They were about the submission. This was a bit disappointing for me. Breaking Fiona by Cecilia Duvalle was a tale more about the pleasure of pain, than the pleasure of sex. Muse by Lisabet Sarai was another story about the thrill of submission, without really going into the hot sex. Postcards From Paris by Giselle Renarde was all about pain. The pain should of been enough, but for me it fell short.

So this book was not what I was expecting. It fell short for me on the hot read scale. There are a few brights spots, but not enough that I will be re-reading it anytime soon. Don’t let this sway you from D.L.King. This is my personal opinion of this book. I have enjoyed most of D.L.Kings edited erotic collections, just not this one.