Partners In Passion: A Guide to Great Sex, Emotional Intimacy and Long-term Love - Mark A. Michaels, Patricia  Johnson Partners in Passion is a great guide for couples. This book does a wonderful job of delivering information without judging or skipping over how to handle relationship struggles.The authors Mark A. Michaels and Patricia Johnson share their wealth of knowledge and research skills. These authors draw on their background in Tantra and completely open up with interviews, fact sharing on everything relationships succeed and struggle with, and they include an extensive resource guide.

As you can see by looking at the table of contents below, this book encompasses a wide range of topics pertaining to relationships. I really enjoyed the writing style of this book. Partners in Passion is well laid out and easy to read. This book includes interviews with well established couples on topics covered in the chapter. I think the tantric aspect was interesting, but not something I am really into at this point in my life. I have to admit I pretty much glazed over Chapter 7 since the lingo there really didn’t appeal to me. My relationship isn’t really about looking lovingly into each others eyes during sex at this juncture. I am sure it will at some point, but we are not there yet. I could definitely see how some of the tantric exercises would bring closeness to any couple, kinky or not.

Since the authors assume this book could be read by almost anyone, or any kink of couple. They were respectful when talking about things non-tantric like BDSM, swinging, and polyamory. I was absolutely thrilled to see them dispel some popular relationships myths. I found their description of swinging to be just about dead on and they included credible links in their resources section. I loved that they admit they don’t know everything, while still giving enough information to make an informed decision about . This book also covers a lot of mostly vanilla topics like health, communicating effectively, and relationship rhythms.

The aging and sex section alone is worth the price of this book. This book included many medical conditions affecting sex. Not many books I have read have both relationship advice and sex advice. I am very excited to see a book tackle things like masturbation and sex toys, while also giving helpful tips for maintaining sex while parenting. Not many kink books want to talk about financial struggles in a relationship, and this book did. I really enjoyed this book. I think every couple could find something useful in this book.